May 13, 2009
Pronounced as jens, the word has several meanings.
1) One popular meaning is ‘sex.’
Example: جنسي کيسې (sex stories)
2) It is also used for gender.
Example: د ښځې او نر جنس (male female gender)
3) The third meaning is ‘edible.’ Its plural is: ajnaas.
Example: د غنمو جنس (edible wheat)
4) ‘Alike’ is another meaning.
Example: هر همجنس د خپل همجنس سره جوړېږي (رحمان بابا) (Everyone likes to be with their alike)
The word is originally from Arabic. An entry for this on Wikitionary can be found here.
April 29, 2009
We are publishing a number of Pashto books for which we need the help from people who love the Pashto language and want to promote knowledge in Afghanistan. The books include:
- Dictionaries and language books
- Books for children
- Poetry collections
- Stories (novels, short stories)
- Translations from other languages
Every kind of support and contribution is welcomed. Contact: email@example.com
Thanks in advance.
October 28, 2007
Links to all the news stories and articles I have writtn. click on I wrote this.